Students often get stressed out or overwhelmed by social and academic challenges. Mindfulness – the deliberate training of the mind to be focused and present, helps deal with this stress and also teaches children to be compassionate to themselves as well as others.
This skill to focus one’s attention in the direction of one’s own intention engages volition and will power. Over time, one will also develop better self-awareness and resilience.
In partnerships with schools, we offer mindfulness programmes and day camps for students, which can be adapted to match the school’s objectives. These programmes deliver mindfulness practices in an engaging way with striking slides, video clips, games, activities, and worksheets.
Learn more about our programmes:
Paws b Mindfulness Programme (Ages 7-11)
Paws b aims to be an awareness-raising programme that gives 7-11-year-olds a taste of mindfulness. It was carefully crafted by classroom teachers and mindfulness experts to engage young children. It is taught with striking visuals, film clips and activities that bring mindfulness to life without losing the expertise and integrity of classic mindfulness teaching.
Read more #1
.b Mindfulness Programme (Ages 11-18)
.b is carefully crafted by experienced classroom teachers and mindfulness practitioners. Based on the adult mindfulness programmes; Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), .b is taught with striking visuals, film clips and activities that bring mindfulness to life without losing the precision, expertise, and integrity of classic mindfulness teaching.
Read more #2
.b Foundations Programme (teachers/educators)
Foundations have been tailored to make the course accessible and effective for adults in schools. To raise awareness and stimulate demand, the training includes a carefully crafted taster session, along with shorter sessions than usual (90 minutes). .b Foundations also differs in that key attitudes and concepts are introduced visually and kinesthetically. Aspects of the .b (age 11-18) and Paws b (age 7-11) are included which help build a shared mindfulness language within the school.
Read more #3
.b intends to help youth overcome difficulties, thrive and flourish in a rigorous school environment – ambitious goals that research has proven this programme has the potential to meet.
Specifically, .b aims to help students:
- Experience greater well-being (feel happier, calmer, more fulfilled)
- Fulfill their potential and pursue their own goals, e.g. be more creative, more relaxed, academically, personally
- Improve their concentration and focus - in classes, in exams and tests, on the sports field, and when listening to others
- Work with difficult mental states such as depression, rumination, anxiety, and bad moods
- Cope with the everyday stresses and strains of adolescent life such as exams, relationships, sleep problems and family issues
Methods of delivery:
- 1 - 5 day camp and/or weekly programme over specific period
- As after school enrichment class or to complement the formal curriculum
- Creative ways of teaching the skills using a range of activities, striking video clips, stories and role-plays
- Worksheets to reinforce skills learned during the programme and to practice them in everyday life
- Information and practices from one session are built upon and developed in each consequent session
- Post-programme booster sessions to reinforce learning
- Parents Information Session to support learning
Can we help? Contact us today.