MSBR for Leaders
MSBR for leaders
This 8-week training programme aims to equip participants with mindfulness skills to cultivate resilient behaviours for thriving in a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment. Enrolment is open to all leaders, working professionals and members of the public interested in learning how to thrive under pressure, master change and overcome adversity in the workplace and beyond.
The programme is delivered by mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) teachers who are fully qualified by The Center for Mindfulness (CFM), University of Massachusetts Medical School, which is the birthplace of MBSR. It follows a structured curriculum to introduce participants to secular meditation practices (e.g. sitting meditation, body awareness, simple movement exercises) to enhance how we think, feel, behave and communicate.
The MBSR for Leaders schedule spans 8 weeks, with one 2-hour session per week and one additional full-day intensive practice session during the 8-week period. It is a highly participative course that requires commitment to regular home practice in addition to the group sessions.
- Bring focus and clarity to priorities
- Increase mental stamina for higher performance and productivity
- Improve composure in challenging and stressful scenarios
- People Intelligence:
- Enhance ability to relate to and coach others with empathy and deep listening skills
- Situational Intelligence:
- Develop perspective agility to extract innovative insights from complex problems in the workplace
- Identify opportunities to apply mindfulness to workplace culture, processes and habits
Methods of delivery:
- Orientation Session – (7:00pm – 8:00pm), is required by all participants before the start of the programme,
- 8 sessions of MBSR – weekly (7:00pm to 9:00pm)
It comprised of group learning sessions and incorporating various forms of meditation, including sitting, yoga and walking
*To fully benefit from the programme, please make sure you can attend all classes.
- Day of Mindfulness – a compulsory day to attend (10:00am to 4:00pm)
This will guide you on how to apply mindfulness across many situations and grow your practice of mindfulness beyond the end of the eight-week course